Write For My Travel Backpack
There’s only so much of the world we can blog about. So we need your help.
If you’ve been on the road and wish to share your travel tales to eager readers, take the opportunity to be featured on My Travel Backpack. We strive to be a platform and community for fellow backpackers and digital nomads to share their journeys.
If you work with us, your content will be shared across our social media channels, which will help you gain free exposure and grow your network. In exchange for your awesome stories, you’ll get a link to your blog (if you have one) and an opportunity to get your future articles published.
Who Can Guest Post On Our Blog?
- You’re passionate about travel
- You’re an independent writer, ideally with an active blog
- You have a travel blog and are interested in linking
Anyone who doesn’t meet some of these requirements may also guest post on our blog, as long as the article is well-written and is in line with our vision. Your article will likely appear on our blog if it adheres to the following guidelines:
- Unique – we strive to make our blog as personal and authentic as possible. Make sure the articles you send have not been published anywhere else on the Internet.
- Lengthy – we love to keep our blogs long, substantial, and insightful. Our minimum requirement for guest stories is 800 to 1,500 words.
- Visual – we require a minimum of 3 photographs. Make sure you upload the original photo with the best quality (at least 1024px-wide for landscape-style shots and 800px wide for portrait-style photos). You may also include videos or embed codes of videos you’ve uploaded on YouTube. For photo essays, include at least 10 photographs and 300 words of descriptions.
- Polished – please proofread your work several times before submitting it to us We have really tight schedules and don’t have the time to edit your work. Make sure that it’s ready for publishing when you hit send.
- A short bio and profile picture, including links to your blog and social media pages.
- Explore our blog to know the types of stories we publish so your article is covered by our scope.
Keep in mind that we don’t limit travel stories to big international trips. We are especially keen on personal essays and articles that offer a fresh look at even the most overrated destinations. If you need more guidance on our guest posting requirements, don’t hesitate to send us a message. If you already have an idea or article that meets these requirements, get in touch with us right away.
We hope to hear from you soon. Email me at email@example.com.